Asian Chicken Wraps, Ribboned with Zucchini and Carrots Drizzled with a Honey Teriyaki Glaze. BBQ'd to perfection. Yum.
Glaze: Chicken Rolls:
3 tbsp honey 12 chicken tenders (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp Asian Seasoning
1 tbsp rice vinegar 2 tbsp soy sauce
1 garlic clove, pressed 2 large carrots
1 tbsp Asian seasoning 2 medium zucchini
- Add all glaze ingredients in mixing bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until slightly boiled and thickened.
- For rolls, flatten chicken to an even 1/4 inch thickness with meat tenderizer.
(I cut 4 chicken breaks into 3 strips to make my "tenders")
- Combine chicken strips in a bowl with soy sauce and Asian seasoning, stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Cut carrots and zucchini into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler. (12 each)
- For each roll, stack a wide carrot ribbon, zucchini ribbon, and chicken tender. Roll up and secure with tooth pick.
- Then cook a batch of rice. I used all the extra vegetables along with green onions in the rice to give some extra flavor.
- Finally toss those bad boys onto the BBQ for about 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Once done place them over rice and drizzle them with your pre-made glaze.
*I think next time I make these I'm going alter the sauces a bit. Maybe add some sesame oil, ginger-root, and other spices to give it more kick. Its a really easy and fun recipe that will impress your friends and family!