Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vitamix Challenge Part 1

Have you heard all the hype over the Vitamix? Well, let me tell you it is amazing!!!


"This versatile, high-performance appliance helps you prepare healthy meals quickly and easily without a single attachment! Super-powerful Vitamix motor matches the power on the Vitamix commercial blending equipment found in the finest restaurants worldwide." Costco website

I've heard that you can put anything in it and watch as it effortlessly pulverizes it - whole apples, pineapples with the outer layer, nuts, grains, beans, rice, etc. and all without a single attachment. The most exciting part about this new toy is getting to experiment with it, hence the "Vitamix Challenge". My new game at home is having the boys guess what I put into their drinks. Last night it consisted of this:

Chunk of pineapple - no outer layer
Whole apple
Handful of spinach
One whole banana - no peel
Chunk of Beet
Several tablespoons of Flaxseeds
Cup of Greek yogurt
Cup of Ice
Dash of fat free milk

My husband pretty much pinned every ingredient except the spinach, beet, and flaxseed. Isn't that great that all he could taste was the fruit? Great way to sneak healthies into someone's diet. Trick? Believe it or not it was the beet that tricked him. Once I grinded all the other ingredients it came out a yucky green color but after adding the chunk of beet it came out a nice smooth dark pink. He never suspected the spinach with such an appealing presentation.

Oh, and I smashed a Vitamix claim. This machine does not pulverize a whole apple. I had to take it out and cut it into 4 pieces which then worked fine. But I did leave the seeds, peal, and core all there.
Its going to be fun coming up with all the ways to use this machine. Stay tuned for more!

Pin It!

1 comment:

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

haha I was thinking a whole apple that's crazy, glad you're having fun I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...