Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, March 5, 2012

White Chocolate Fruit Torte

As my hubby's birthday approached I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He expressed that he was "cakes out" and would rather have a fruit torte instead. Ummm...ok. I've never made a torte before but we can give it a try! The dessert was so well received I thought I'd blog the recipe. My son even made me promise to make it again sometime this week. Perhaps I will!


My handsome birthday boy 


Ingredients:

Crust:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • FILLING:
  • 1 (10 ounce) package vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • Hand full of chocolate chips
Desired fruit - I preferred strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, and blueberries. 

  • GLAZE:
  • 2 Tablespoons fruit marmalade (I used Mandarin orange)
  • 1 Tablespoon of water

Directions

  1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour; mix well. Press into an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Bake at 300 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Around 20 minutes throw on your hand full of chocolate chips and put back in oven to melt. Once complete spread over the entire crust. Cool on a wire rack.
  2. For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat melted white chips and cream. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread over chocolate covered crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Arrange fruit in whatever pretty pattern you desire!
  3. For glaze, strain the marmalade of extra fruit chunks. Add water and mix well. Bast over cut fruit. 
  4. Place in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Refrigerate leftovers. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

You've been featured on Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your yummy torte!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...