Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Elephant themed baby shower

 My sister wanted a elephant theme for her baby shower and let me tell you, there isn't much out there for an elephant themed shower! We had to get super creative to pull this one off and I think we succeeded.

Here is the elephant cake. Strawberry cake with butter cream frosting and marshmallow fondant. The "E" on top stands for Elizabeth. I used a elephant cookie cutter for the cake and the party favors. Here is the link to that cutter.

Here is the diaper cake my sister made. She made the elephant topper out of wash clothes and added little eyes.
Our colors were light pink and gray. I loved that we could find kisses in our colors.

And of course we made pom poms to decorate the dinning room!

We thought it would be funny to have a sign that said "drop your load here" for the presents to keep with the elephant theme, but I guess that wouldn't of been classy.
 The food!

Here is one of the counters we decorated. 
 
Although this will be my sisters second child, it's still nice to get advice!

Here are the party favors. Little elephant sugar cookies. Yummy!

Here is the mantel. We took some of my mama's baby pictures and made them black and white, added flowers and a sign. Loves it.

Some fun elephant decorations!

Here is the game we played. "Do you have an elephant memory" game. More about that game HERE 

Here is something I made to add to the elephant decor. I took a large frame that I got at the thrift store and painted it gray. I then free-handed the elephants onto pink scrapbook paper and cute it out. I put the cut-out onto white poster board and put it in the frame. I thought it turned out quite cute.

My little niece was so cute in her pink dress and elephant clip. Totally representing our theme!

Sandwiched in between my two pregnant sisters. The mama of honor is on the left. 

I can't take a serious picture 

Ok, maybe I can


The bellies! 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

So cute! Let's hope they don't have the pregnancy of an elephant! LOL!

Tricia said...

You guys did an amazing job on the shower. I loved everything!!!

brioprincess said...

That looks like it was an adorable baby shower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...