The recipe was super simple.
- I took six pieces of buttermilk bread, cut off the crust, and pressed on them to flatten them out.
- I then put nutella and banana slices on two of the bread, nutella and peanut butter on two of the bread, and nutella and strawberry jam on two of the bread. (get creative with fillings here)
- I then rolled them up and slathered them with a French toast batter (any kind will due, I just used two eggs with 1/4 cup of milk)
- I then put a little butter in a frying pan and fried them on every side until evenly golden.
- Once removed from the heat and cooled slightly I rolled them around in a sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Arrange on a plate and eat with syrup. No forks needed!
**I'm going to warn you, they look really gross throughout the process but once they are completed and ready for eating they will look delicious!
For one of the fun gifts I made a candy bar bouquet because after all, what man wants flowers? I was able to get everything I needed at the dollar store (score!) - the "manly vase", Styrofoam, candy, and TNT pop-its (no man can resist pop-its, it always brings out that inner child).
I thought this tin can would look more manly and rustic than a typical glass vase. Isn't it cute? I cut the Styrofoam to fit into the bottom, taped wooden skewers to the backs of the candy, and stuck them in. Easy-peasy and oh so fun!