Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

To Wen or not to Wen?

My Wen Review:

I'm sure everyone has seen or at least heard of Wen hair care products. A hair cleanser that promises  "a revolutionary new concept in hair care. A 5-in-1 formula, this one product takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner. It cleanses hair thoroughly without lathering or harsh ingredients. It's designed not to strip your hair and scalp of natural oils, leaving your hair with more strength, moisture, manageability and better color retention."

Sounds good right? I thought I'd give it a try and bought the 90 day supply of the Sweet Almond Mint. This included two bottles of the magical cleanser, anti frizz styling cream, straightening smoothing gloss, and re moist intensive hair treatment a.k.a deep conditioner.

Let me first tell you a little bit about MY hair. I have long, blond, fine, thin hair. Normally I use all Biolage products and battle fly-aways and sometimes split ends. I have to wash it everyday or else I start to get greasy. I can go every other day if I wear a pony tale.

I started using the Wen about a month ago and going in for my first use I was extremely surprised that the bottle suggested over 30 pumps of product for long hair. 30+ pumps?!? I could not bring myself to do it so instead I used about 15. That still seemed over excessive. My first observation was that when I wrung out my hair, hardly any water fell to the shower floor. OK, so its holding in a ton of moisture. Next observation is that it took about 2 hours for my hair to completely air dry. This normally take about 30 minutes. Not a big deal. After my hair was completely dry I noticed that my hair was shinier, smoother, and free of fly-aways. I WAS SOLD!

After a few days of continuing the product I noticed my hair started to look greasy and weighed down. I thought maybe I was using too much product so I cut back on pumps to about 8-10 instead of 15. That helped a little but not much. In frustration I decided for one day to give my hair a break from Wen and went back to Biolage. When I got to work that morning my co-worker told me that my hair "looked so good that day". Hmmm... the day I decided not to use the Wen cleanser?

Brought up on the phrase "waste not want not" I decided to continue the Wen but at least once a week I use regular shampoo and conditioner. In the end I will probably not buy the cleanser again once I'm out. I do however, like the anti frizz cream and will probably continue to purchase that.

Now don't be quick to cross Wen off your list of things to try. I have several friends using the product too and love it. It has done amazing things for their hair. This product just didn't mesh well with my hair type. After all, all hair care products were not created equally.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...