Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Homemade Christmas

This year Deke and I decided to try making some Christmas gifts. Not only did we think it would be cost effective but also more meaningful to the receiver to get something from the heart.

Deke made our niece Jenna (age 3) this cute sun dress made from an adult size t-shirt. That's right folks, Deke made this all by himself! Pretty impressive eh? We got the idea from this blog.

I made a few Infinity scarves. Idea from this blog.
I also made my two nephews and niece travel pillows with some of their favorite characters on them. Travis really wanted Star Wars but I looked in 3 states and couldn't find that fabric anywhere!!!! I put pockets of the front to hide goodies or teeth for the tooth fairy.....
And left them plain on the back with the character fabric.
My mom even got onto the sewing machine this year and made all her grand kids these Christmas pillow cases, just like when I was a kid!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Sara Marie said...

Ummm you guys are crazy awesome for this! And DEKE! Deke's sewing skillz are so impressive! Love everything you guys made! :)

Lisa said...

I love homemade gifts, and that dress is darling! Love the pillows, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...