Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grandma's Rhubarb Pie

I have really come to love rhubarb. It's a delicious vegetable that you can find in stores in the early spring. I recently found out that my grandmother had a great rhubarb pie recipe that my father grew up enjoying. We discovered that my aunt who lives in New York had the recipe card in her possession, after a few emails my father was able to get this picture of the original recipe card in my grandmothers handwriting. With this picture I can now bake this delectable dessert for years to come. Last night was my first attempt - it was perfect with a side of vanilla ice cream. 


I think its funny how the rhubarb kinda resembles pieces of meat in the pie; almost like diced up hot dog! But I can assure you that the pie was sweet and divine and tasted nothing like meat ;) 
Pin It!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this takes me back. My great grandmother grew rhubarb in her yard and always made pies with it!1 If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on Fireflies and Jellybeans. :)

Thepearsonfamilee said...

I love the handwritten recipe and there is nothing like grama's pies! It looks delicious. I am your newest follower and my hubby is a firefighter, too!!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! I've never had rhubarb before but am excited to try this pie! :)

I'd love for you to stop by and link this up to So Sweet Sundays!

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

AllieMakes! said...

Oh I LOVE Rhubarb pie SO much! I am jealous and want some RIGHT now!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Addison Mae said...

That looks delicious! I have always been scared to cook with rhubarb, but maybe I should just try! here is a the address to my blog if you get bored one day :) http://stuffitwithacupcake.blogspot.com/

April said...

I have always wanted to try rhubarb pie...I'm kinda chicken though! it reminds me of celery! lol Thanks for linking to my Sew Crafty Party !

Kate said...

I love rhubarb pie but have never made it... my grandma always made it and I don't think mine would be nearly as good... but I bet this would be close. :) Thanks for linking up to Flaunt to Friday!

Lisa said...

YUM! I have to tell you that I just had rhubarb pie for the first time ever on Saturday. I've been missing out! It was amazing!

April said...

Thanks for linking up! Sharing this on Wildflowers & Whimsy's Facebook page

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...