Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Welcome home party

Today Broderick was finally released from the NICU! He was there for 18 days and went in weighing 5 pounds 10 ounces, he was released weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces. Having him in the hospital has been so physically and emotionally draining. It's 45 minutes from our house and I would go every single day to try and teach the little man to nurse (which he does beautifully now). Since the hospital wasn't close enough to go back and forth for feedings I would sit in a rocking chair next to his crib for about 7-9 hours a day which was 3 feedings. He had his ups and downs and I drove home crying on several occasions because he wasn't showing the progression he needed to come home. I knew he was in the right place and under excellent care but this wasn't how I had imagined spending my maternity leave, I felt so robbed of my baby bonding time. Those days are now behind us, our sweet angel is home and we can start enjoying him all day every day!

Coming home outfit
 (which be pee'd all over as soon as we got home)

Ready for the car ride! 

We were surprised when we got home that my parents and sister had planned a little welcome home party for Broderick. It was a mustache bash! 

They were even sporting mustaches when we walked in the door. Even baby Kyla had a stache! 

Broderick wanted to eat his mustache 


Mustache cake! 

Baby and daddy 

The nicu won't allow anyone under the age of 14 to visit so this was the first time Tyler got to meet his little brother. It was really hard for him going 18 days only seeing his brother in pictures! 

He loves him ♥

Baby and mommy 

Tyler wanted to help any way he could with the baby. He wanted to rock him, change his diapers, feed him, read to him, etc... He is going to be such a good big brother. 
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome home baby Broderick! Kim I am so glad you are able to nurse...what a blessing! I bet Tyler is so happy. Rest and enjoy- you've been through a lot. There will be plenty of time for parties in the future. :)

Nikki said...

Kim I have tears in my eyes. I am so happy you have him home. I can't even for one second imagine the emotional turmoil you went through but I'm sure the joy of bringing him home was amazing! He is absolutely delicious and so handsome! You look great and I'm so so so happy for you to have such a sweet miracle in your life. You and Deke will be fantastic parents. I'm so glad to hear he's nursing too!! What a relief for you I'm sure. You're such an inspiration! Great job momma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...