Subscribe for awesome emails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Homemade Baby Shower Gifts

For my sisters baby shower I wanted to make some of the gifts. I decided to make a little play blanket and some flower clips. I didn't take any pictures of the flower clips but I'm sure you all know what they look like - black, purple, and white flowers with rhinestones, the end.

The blanket however, took more thought and time. I got the idea from a friend who had made one for her daughter, her tutorial is HERE. I made the ribbons 4 inches instead of 2 inches and I also sewed a baby wipe bag in the middle to add that crinkle feel - we all know babies love textures! I added some toys (from Walmart) around the blanket and there is still plenty of room for my sister to add more. Hopefully the little darling likes it!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Darling. You are giving me so many good ideas for my sis-in-law!

Peters said...

How very cute! I love the idea of adding the toys. I make my tag blankets a little bigger and make them "ragged." But I think I will try to make a few a bit smaller and with the toys. Darling. I was just going to post a blanket I made for a friend's shower. Now I am inspired to get right to it! I am your newest follower :) Jenny at thepetersporch.blogspot.com P.S. My hubby is a FF too!

Tiffany said...

I love the fabric you chose, I've made one similar to this before and plan on maybe a few more for shower gifts!
Found you on Night Owl Crafting linky party.

Unknown said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Baby Shower Gifts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...